Presidential Council of Alumnae (PCA)
Michigan Technological University Presidential Council of Alumnae (PCA) members are recognized for achievements in a number of areas including: education, professional/career, service and involvement as a Michigan Tech student and/or as an alumna, community involvement/volunteerism, financial support of the University, and other personal achievements.
PCA members meet annually on campus to participate in various activities and programs that support the University’s current strategic plan and specifically focus on engaging with the campus community to educate, influence and inspire the Women of Michigan Tech.
Serving Michigan Tech
Members of the Presidential Council of Alumnae serve Michigan Tech in a variety of ways. Their contributions include, but are not limited to:
- PCA Meetings/Events—Members are invited to attend annual PCA meetings which include networking opportunities between PCA members and interaction with Michigan Tech faculty, staff and students
- Classroom Visits—Members are occasionally asked to serve as role model speakers in Michigan Tech classes
- Corporate Recruiting Visits—Several members return to Michigan Tech to recruit students and new graduates to work in their companies
- Advisory Boards—Many members also serve on corporate or other departmental advisory boards
- Philanthropy— PCA members assist the Office of Advancement with fundraising initiatives, including support of the Presidential Council of Alumnae Scholarship program
- Workshops/Seminars—PCA members sometimes lead seminars that are open to all members of the Michigan Tech community; these sessions cover topics that range from opportunities for women in different industries to gender issues on the job to how to make the most of your time at Michigan Tech
- Mentoring—PCA members often attend the Society of Women Engineer's Dine With Industry event and Summer Youth Program’s Women in Engineering program to serve as role models and answer questions/provide insights
- Visits with High School Students—PCA members sometimes carry the Michigan Tech message to high schools or college fairs in their areas
- Alumni Events—Members attend a variety of Michigan Tech Alumni events, both on and off campus, including the annual Alumni Reunion and also attend regional events.