Members of the Alumni Board of Directors may use the following guidelines to define their involvement with the Board. The Board understands that circumstances may arise that affect a member from meeting these expectations and therefore will not use these guidelines to evaluate a Board member's performance.
- Participate in semi-annual meetings held at Michigan Tech during Winter Carnival and, alternating annually, during Alumni Reunion in August of even-numbered years or during Homecoming in October of odd-numbered years.
- Participate in Board committee. Meetings will be scheduled by the committee chair but are generally held on a monthly basis. Committee meetings are held via conference call with meeting agenda and necessary materials provided electronically in advance.
- Participate in Alumni events held in the area where the Board member lives.
- Use time and talent to advance and promote Michigan Tech
- Provide an annual gift to Michigan Tech to support the area of their choice.
- Continue to stay engaged with Michigan Tech and the Alumni after completion of term of service on the Board.
- Be a role model, an ambassador, and evangelist for Michigan Tech; Directors are champions of the Michigan Tech Image!
- Board members are responsible for covering their own travel costs and accommodations when attending meetings.