Other Aid Programs

Other Aid Programs

The following aid programs are administered and funded outside the University and are available to students with special circumstances or backgrounds.

Bureau of Indian Affairs Program

Financial assistance based on need is available to students who are enrolled Native American tribal members. Information can be obtained from local tribal education offices.

Visit the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Michigan Army National Guard

Information about the various programs available can be obtained from state education offices or, in Michigan, from: Michigan National Guard, Department of Military Affairs, Education Office, 2500 S. Washington Avenue, Lansing, MI 48913-5101.

Visit the Michigan National Guard.

Michigan Indian Tuition Waiver

An Act that provides approved students who are Michigan residents and members of a federally recognized tribe free tuition to Michigan Tech and other institutions.

Visit the Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan.

Tuition Incentive Program (TIP)

This program provides tuition and mandatory fee payments for Michigan residents from low-income families who graduated from high school or obtained a GED certificate within the last four years and who were under the age of 20 at the time of graduation or GED completion. Students must pursue an associate degree program. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Tuition Incentive Program, P.O. Box 30037, Lansing, MI 48909. Or call 800-243-2847.

Visit the Tuition Incentive Program.

Veterans of Administration Education Benefits

Various programs are available for veterans, reservists, and their dependents. Details regarding these benefits can be obtained from state veterans affairs offices. In Michigan, this agency is Department of Veterans Affairs, 477 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, MI 48826. Information and applications can also be obtained from the coordinator of veterans affairs at Michigan Tech by calling 906-487-2319.

Visit the GI Bill website.

Vocational Rehabilitation Educational Benefits

Financial assistance is available on a need basis to students with physical or mental disabilities resulting in an impediment to employment. Information can be obtained from state rehabilitation offices. For the Michigan Rehabilitation Service office call 517-373-3391.

Visit the Michigan Rehabilitation Service website.