In today’s technological world, it makes sense to merge analytical and technical skills with management and decision-making abilities. This crazy-smart combination is what operations and systems management is all about. Michigan Tech’s cross-discipline collaboration brings together business, engineering, and information technology (IT), all in a small-class, research-based environment. If you enjoy solving problems, advancing technology, and leading teams, this program will be the perfect fit for you.
What You Need to Know About This Program
- We link business with technology through campus-wide connections to engineers, scientists, and technicians; you’ll develop as a leader in global business and innovation and gain an advantage over students at other schools.
- The School of Business and Economics is accredited by the AACSB—a distinction representing the top 15 percent of undergraduate business programs in the world.
- Gain an international perspective by studying abroad in countries such as Australia, China, England, Estonia, France, Finland, Mexico, Spain, New Zealand, and Germany.
- Develop your management style by taking on a leadership role in campus organizations and honor societies, Undergraduate Student Government, varsity athletics, or volunteering with community service organizations.
- Free help is at your fingertips: the Sam B. Tidwell Student Center provides tutoring support in accounting, economics, and statistics.
- Our recent graduates have enjoyed a 90 percent placement rate in their field of interest—with companies known regionally and internationally—or in top graduate schools across the country.
The Business Development Experience
The Business Development Experience will differentiate your education from other business schools in the United States—we’re the only school offering this unique opportunity. Students have the opportunity to complete at least one of the following on-campus business learning opportunities during their senior year:
- Develop, write, and present a business plan for a Michigan Tech College of Engineering Senior Design Project.
- Manage a Michigan Tech Enterprise; develop, write, and present a business development plan for the Enterprise.
- Manage a portfolio worth over $1 million through the Applied Portfolio Management Program as a member of a student investment team.
But don’t take our word for it; see what some of our current students have to say about the School of Business and Economics.