A degree in liberal arts provides you with a strong introduction to philosophy, literature, language, communication, art, theater, music, speech and linguistics, as well as technology and business. You will develop skills in interpretation, writing, and the analysis of how communication functions. Graduate ready for further education or a career in teaching, law, industry, business, or government.
Customize your degree with:
Minors available in
- Communication Studies
- Diversity Studies
- Ethics and Philosophy
- Modern Languages--French, French International, German, German International, Spanish, Spanish International
Take courses like:
- Science, Technology, and Humanities
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Global Language Issues
- New Media Theory
- Studies in the Novel
Get hands-on experience like:
- Collaborating with students on reading, writing, and oral presentations in our Multiliteracies Center
- Learning from world-class faculty in small classes, allowing you to know your professor on a first-name basis
- Getting involved with the CinOptic Communication and Media Enterprise--a student-run business team that works to design products such as marketing materials, websites, and more for clients at Michigan Tech and around our community.
- Incorporating cutting-edge technology into a liberal arts education.
Get a job like:
- Technical Writer
Work for companies like:
- School Districts