Maybe you’ve always dreamed of becoming a doctor and helping others. Or you’re planning to take over the family veterinary practice. No matter which advanced field of study you’re interested in, Michigan Tech’s biological sciences degree with a pre-professional health concentration can give you the foundation needed to succeed.
But we don’t just stop at your bachelor’s. Michigan Tech has an Early Assurance program with Michigan State to make the application process just a little easier. Pretty crazy, right?
Choose your Focus
Pre-health options include:
- Pre-Chiropractic Medicine
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Podiatric Medicine
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Sports Medicine
What You Need to Know About This Program
- Our graduates have roughly a 70 percent placement rate to medical school—the national average is 47 percent. Students in our other pre-professional programs have a 70+ percent placement rate to professional school as well.
- We offer a strong science preparation along with numerous relevant non-science courses to provide a well-rounded curriculum for students planning to enter the health professions.
- Biological sciences, chemistry, exercise science, and biomedical engineering are excellent majors to choose if you have an interest in the health professions—though students can be accepted through the study of any curriculum.
- Michigan Tech has a partnership for early entrance with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine for college juniors.
- Michigan Tech has traditionally provided the highest number of Upper Peninsula physicians of any undergraduate institution.
Our pre-health faculty members maintain strong ties with our graduates. Several alumni who are in medical school return each year to meet with current pre-med students and to offer their advice. Pre-health knowledge is contagious!