What if we said you could create your own individualized educational path—all while fulfilling the requirements of an accredited engineering degree? Sounds crazy, right? Not at Michigan Tech. Our bachelor of science in engineering (BSE) program offers a technical foundation, then allows you the flexibility to pursue professional interests in areas outside of engineering. Broader knowledge = broader career opportunities... very smart.
Find your Passion with the Right Technical Emphasis
As an engineering major you can focus in:
- Geospatial engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Mining engineering
- Design your own!
What You Need to Know About This Program
- Working with your advisor, you have the ability to create a specialized degree program that allows you to meet your career goals—one of our students created a technical concentration focusing on roller coaster design.
- A technical emphasis in mining engineering brings the world of mining into the 21st century.
- A technical emphasis in industrial engineering focuses on developing ways to make manufacturing processes function smoothly and efficiently.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in innovative programs while studying basic engineering principles with a flexible career path.
- You may decide to spend a fifth year at Michigan Tech to earn a master's degree through our accelerated masters program.
- Michigan Tech's bachelor of science in engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone: (410) 347-7700.
The BSE degree plan consists of five components: general education; math and science; core engineering courses; a technical emphasis; and directed electives that may include a University-approved minor, University-approved certificate program, or pre-approved course of study. If you’re looking to push the limits of engineering by creating a program that’s tailor-made for you, you’ve found it!