You’re interested in electronics and computers, and you’re looking for a career that will allow you to solve some of industry’s most pressing technical problems. Combine your interests and goals with one crazy-smart degree: electrical engineering technology.
Become a hands-on problem solver, filling a critical need in business and industry for leaders who possess both technical and managerial skills. Companies such as Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, Harley-Davidson, AT&T, and others recognize the ability of our engineering technology graduates to contribute on the job from day one—our students are highly sought for co-ops, internships, and full-time jobs.
Find your Passion with the Right Technical Emphasis
As an electrical engineering technology major you can focus on areas such as:
- Computer engineering technology
- Power and industrial control
Customize your degree even further by earning a Robotic Automation Industrial Certificate through our partnership with FANUC Robotics.
What You Need to Know About This Program
- You’ll learn from faculty members with extensive industrial experience—courses cover both theoretical concepts and a strong component of practical applications.
- Through our partnership with FANUC Robotics, you’ll have access to the robotics lab where you’ll gain an understanding of robotic automation solutions. The majority of your courses have an associated lab.
- Our graduates enjoy high placement rates with average starting salaries of $62,500—significantly higher than the University average.
- You can choose to focus on either computer engineering technology or power and industrial control—two subject areas that are particularly important to industry, both in the state of Michigan and nationwide.
- You’ll graduate ready for a career in areas such as embedded systems and micro-controller applications, robotics and industrial automation, programmable logic design and testing, instrumentation and control, or power engineering.