You’ve got crazy musical and theatrical talent and the smarts to know that it takes a technologically advanced program to prepare you to work in the entertainment industry. Luckily for you, technological is our middle name! Our audio production and technology program combines music and theatre production with course work in engineering technology and computer science. You’ll take classes focusing on acoustics, electro-acoustics, electronics, computer applications, and mechanical operations. If you plan to master the soundstage, control booth, or recording studio, Michigan Tech is the place for you.
What You Need to Know About This Program
- You'll get to design sound systems, produce albums of local bands, and mix films for national clients.
- You can develop your skills with high-tech training at performance venues such as the beautiful Rozsa Center and traditional McArdle Theatre.
- There are a wide variety of opportunities in sound including live sound, recording, themed entertainment, and sound for picture.
- You'll gain experience preparing and mixing sound in a top notch ProTools HD equipped studio.
- Students can tailor their education according to their interests through crafting their “concentration” in collaboration with their academic advisor.
Being an audio production and technology major means that you will graduate with significant technical skills, which can lead to fun jobs at companies like Disney and Cirque de Soleil. Start your career by working as a theatre technician, audio systems installer, or audio technician for tours, working in an audio rental shop, or pursuing graduate school opportunities.