As a college student, you’ll have some big decisions to make—choices that center on what you want out of life and what it’s going to take to get there. Overwhelming, right? Not with Michigan Tech’s crazy-smart advising pros. We have a comprehensive academic advising program meant to give you all the help you need when it’s time to make the tough choices.
Your academic advisor at Michigan Tech will help you with…
- Clarifying your career and life goals and evaluating your progress
- Developing a suitable educational plan that satisfies degree requirements and selecting courses
- Helping you develop decision-making skills and self direction
- Interpreting the University’s academic requirements
- Understanding how to take advantage of opportunities like internships, co-ops, study-abroad, Enterprise, certificate programs, and more
- Identifying University resources and services like Career Services, counseling services, learning centers, and disability services, among others